Shots, shots, shots, everybody! The ultimate party destination in New York City, Midtown’s best sports bar Point Break is no stranger to the art of mixing alcohol. Pick your own poison or allow the Wheel O’ Shots to choose your fate. No matter what type of shot you are craving, the fantastic bartenders at Point Break are certainly up to the challenge, whipping up some of your favorite shots.
If you aren’t exactly an expert on the world of shots, this Midtown sports bar is here to share the top 5 shots you should order at the bar. Whether you are a straight-up tequila drinker or would rather something a bit fruitier, Point Break has something for you!
- Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s the Superman shot! The Superman shot is not for the faint of heart, but it's one of the tastiest and potent shots around. If you want something that tastes like cotton candy and Fruit Loops combined, this is the way to go. Just ask the bartender for 1 part each of Irish cream liquor, amaretto, blue curacao, and banana liquor. Shake it up with some ice and get ready to fly!
- Get your daily fruit intake with the Apples & Oranges shot, that tastes exactly like fresh apples and oranges. It’s sweet and tart but packs a serious punch. Add 1 part of orange vodka, ¼ part soup apple schnapps, and a splash of orange and cranberry juice shaken up with some ice.
- Grab your Snow Shoe shot at this Midtown bar! Mix 1 part of fine bourbon whiskey with a splash of peppermint schnapps and shake with ice. The hint of mint will cancel out the sharp burn of bourbon for a delightfully smooth, chilling flavor.
- Do you want a candy bar or an Almond Joy shot? Take an equal part of Three Olives chocolate vodka with Frangelico and coconut rum and shake together with ice. This tastes exactly like the candy bar itself!
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Cherry Tootsie Pop shot? While containing Red Bull, it is still just as potent as some of the other shots on the list. However unlike any other shot, this concoction tastes exactly like biting into a real Tootsie Pop. Use 1 part of Three Olives chocolate vodka, ¼ part Red Bull, ¼ part grenadine and shake it all together with ice.
Come to Midtown’s best sports bar Point Break and take your chance on the Wheel O’ Shots for a super unique cocktail!